[REPORT] Report 1 from castaways (that name sucks...)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 4 07:15:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:46:41 -0400, Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Yes, but what about for other packages?  Mantis is not effective for
> them, because it does not target bugs at individual packages.  It has
> some notion of "projects", which might be usable, but not until something
> is done to make the list have an option for every package.

The simplest thing that could possibly work is to have an email address
with every package. People can send bug reports to the email address;
individual package maintainers can choose how to deal with them: the email
address can point to Mantis, a Request Tracker installation, a Source
Forge account, or a homebrew Squeak app.

I hardly think we want to build another SourceForge for Squeak, and even
if we want to we should make it so that participating is optional.