[REPORT] Report 1 from castaways (that name sucks...)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Mar 4 08:08:36 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP of interesting report on ToolBuilder results]
> But even if none of this were true - if we're serious about
> partitioning and stripping the image, getting rid of any dependencies
> between the Tools package and the various UI packages is surely a
> worthwhile goal.

Indeed.

> Maybe it's not the absolute highest priority for the community (if we
> can measure such a thing), but I think it's a great thing for people
> who care about it to invest some energy into.
>
> Avi

And another very important thing here is that different members of this
community focuses on different things, we need to be able to move
forward on multiple fronts in parallell.

I agree that the Packages team (now headed by Avi) is the most crucial
piece for the immintent future and will affect 3.9 a lot. But that
doesn't mean that the other Teams are not worth pursuing, supporting and
coordinating. :)

The Team model is about parallellizing our efforts, but still keeping
them coordinated. And of course about empowering members of the
community.

regards, Göran