3.7/3.8 FileStream compatibility and Seaside/KomHttpServer

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Sun Mar 6 18:10:32 UTC 2005

  Hello,

> I identified this bug back in January 2005. I made the same change you did.

  Yes.  But ran into a problem with FileList, right?

> Ned or Tim (?) mentioned that they had some previous comments on this to
> the effect that the calling code should instruct the file to open in
> binary mode.

  Ned did and as a matter of fact, I did, too.  But didn't get the
response...

> I do not know enough about this to comment more.

  Please try the changes I suggested in the other email.  If some part
of the system doesn't like a binary stream, fix there (or just insert
#asString after #contentsOfEntireFile.)

-- Yoshiki