Prompt for updates (was Re: For 3.8 - [ENH] pristineImage-gk)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 7 06:57:35 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Apologies to Michael & Goran for moving a private email to squeak-dev,
> but I think this one's worth a bit of public discussion...

Sure, no apology needed!

[SNIP]
> And for the final release we can ask:
>
> "Do you want to check for stable post-release updates to Squeak3.8 on
> the server?"
>
> (Or similar... suggestions welcome.  Hm, after rewording them both,
> they ended up pretty similar.)

The goal is to make sure they pick yes :) and aren't afraid to do so.

Another silly thing I realized is that a real newbie probably doesn't
know that he/she should save the image under a new name or something
right after updating (or even what an "image" is).

But on the other hand we can't educate them in everything in a single
sentence :). But perhaps we could ask them to save the image under a new
name after having loaded updates (if there were any)? Just a thought.

Anyway everything else you wrote I agree with. :)

regards, Göran