[ANN] Refactoring Browser v3838 updates

Thomas Koenig tomkoenig at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 8 00:33:16 UTC 2005

At what point did the 3.8 vs 3.9 version of RB diverge?  I'm interested
in working with RB in 3.9a.  But if 3.9 RB is a real mess I maybe should
just work in 3.8 for a while.

http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/Refactory-nk.3838.mcd
You will have to load Refactory-md.3.8.13 first.

Or you can load the whole package:
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/Refactory-nk.3838.mcz

It adds a couple of new lint checks, and much better support for
Packages. The
full changes are below.

On Saturday 05 March 2005 7:27 am, Markus Fritsche wrote:
> Selected a class in RB - instance variables - writers. If it is not
> reproduceable - I've got maaaany packages loaded :)

Changes since 3835:

Added lint rule for finding #(#true #false #nil) problems. Fixed cases
where single var ref/def wouldn't be found. Fixed window layout in env
browser so you could move divider and resize
switches.
Added browse/lint/find/rewrite options for classes, hierarchies,
categories,
and packages.
Made FinderTool results highlight the found text.
Suppressed empty 'transformations' rule category in Lint dialog. Made
various window labels reflect their environments. Rearranged various
menus. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Made Transformations work.
Added transformation rule for menu translation.
Fixed search for suspicious true/false/nil
Added 'search methods' checkbox to finder/rewrite tools.
Added 'code cruft' lint rule.
Added 'missing translations in menu' lint rule.
Cleaned up menus.

made "browse package" and "browse category" work from environment
browsers.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/