The Squeak MUD

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Thu Mar 10 14:45:11 UTC 2005

On Mar 10, 2005, at 8:20, Blake wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:59:35 +0100, Boris Gaertner
> <Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> The correct way to create an instance of NebraskaServer is either
>>
>>   NebraskaServer serveWorld: World
>>
>> or
>>
>>   NebraskaServer serveWorld: World onPort: <aPortNumber>
>>
>> These initialize the instance, but a simple NebraskaServer  new  does
>> not.
>>

>> To open a NebraskaServerMorph, it is seemingly sufficient to
>> write:
>>
>>  NebrasaServerMorph serveWorld: World onPort: 9091.
>>
>> This creates a server, registers it with the current world and
>> opens the morph. The morph in turn obtains the server
>> from the current world. A bit tricky, but it works.
>
> These all DNU in the exact same place:
>
>>> world extent: newExtent.

I was able to load the Nebraska sar file found at
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1356 into a 3.9 image.

In order to get  ' NebraskaServerMorph serveWorld: World onPort: 9091'
to start up and not give the DNU you mention
modify  NebraskaServer (class)>>newForWorld
from: ^super new initializeForWorld: aWorld
to: ^super basicNew initializeForWorld: aWorld

I'm not putting this is as a change because even though this gets
something running I have never used Nebraska do I have no idea if this
is the only change you'll need to make.

regards

Frank Caggiano
frankcag at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins