FileStream concreteStream MultiByteFileStream

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 14 21:58:06 UTC 2005

  Stan,

> In a virgin 3.8g-6548 on Unix (linux-debian-intel), if I open a text
> file from the file list, the line endings are wrong.

  What (or in which way) do you mean by "wrong"?  The text has lf and
it doesn't show up nicely in the FileList?

>  "No problem", I
> think, "I'll just change FileStream concreteStream from
> StandardFileStream to CrLfFileStream".

  I wonder if this has been working or not.

> I looked at the mailing list, and saw some discussion of this issue, but
> I wasn't able to figure out what I should do. Can anyone give me a hint?
> Should I just replace MultiByteFileStream with CrLfFileStream in
> concreteStream?

  * First, update to 6599.
  * File in the attached change set.
  * Whenever you think you're looking at a text file, choose 'view as
    encoded text' item from the bottom pane of FileList.

-- Yoshiki