[BUG] text display does not work in MVC (sm) (et)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 15 00:46:43 UTC 2005

Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at squeakland.org> wrote:

>   And I'm again amazed that how snappy MVC is.  It feels like the
> world menu pops up before I hit the button.
It does. It is not generally known that MVC actually stands for Magic
Velocity Continuum. In one of the hidden dimensions we maintain vast
parapsychological parallel computing creatures that work through MVC to
work out what you want just before your manipulator appendage gets
the nerve impulse.

In fact until The Evil One manipulated Dave Leibs into rewriting some
code a few years ago, the MVC creatures could usually work out which
menu option was going to be most useful and open the menu so that it
was under the cursor. They seemed to be able to affect the copy buffer
to have just the right string as well.

tim
Strange OpCodes: EFBI: Emulate Five-volt Battery Intermittently