Morphic for WxSqueak updated (v.0.02alpha), new demo, more screenshots

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 15 03:26:30 UTC 2005

Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:

> Well, there's also the Areithfa Ffenestri project
> (http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3862) which is another attempt at
> multiple host platform windows within a single Squeak image.  That's a
> more native Squeak approach, which doesn't require WxWidgets.  But on
> the other hand it doesn't work with Morphic or MS-Windows.
We should qualify that with 'yet'. And the windows bit is pretty much
releasable. Making it work nicely for morphic still needs doing - it
can work but a bit roughly.

Ffenestri doesn't attempt to do host widgets. Quite literally it just
provides multiple host windows and gives the image an api for
manipulating them and displaying Forms upon them. From this we can
build pretty much anything we like to have and in particular it
provides some interesting possibilities for hardware acceleration and
maintaing our own look instead of forcibly being sucked into the
vileness that is The Standard GUI of Today.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BSO: Branch Sort Of