Is there a task forces identifying packages in Squeak?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:07:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:35:46 +0100, stéphane ducasse
<ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> hi guys
>
> I thought that the packages group would start to initiate some actions
> to identify (put the right * in category) or use the package browser so
> that we could get loadble/unloadable packages in 3.9.
>
> Did I dream or this discussion was in the air?

You weren't dreaming.  I recently mentioned on this list a page I put
together to coordinate this effort:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5641

So far, exactly one person has signed up on that page (thanks, Lex).
Stef, is there anyone at the SCG that can pitch in and help?

> My impression is that the effort of alex around the package browser
> (integrating category and MC package) is really interesting and could
> really support this effort transparently.

In the long run, it certainly will be.  Before it's useful for this
kind of thing, though, it needs to have more support for extension
methods.

Avi