RemoteFrameBuffer in 3.8

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Tue Mar 15 11:17:57 UTC 2005

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your reply. I have reproduced the problem in the latest 3.8
gamma with changeset 6599 on Windows.

After installing the RemoteFrameBuffer package from SqueakMap, I open a
RFB/VNC Viewr from the World menu. This opens a window titled SqueakVNC.

Apparently there is a menu in the scrollbar, which will allow me to
connect to a VNC server.

When I press the left mouse button (windows) which opens a debugger
because ScrollBar>>mouseDownInSlider: called sent its own model
#hideOrShowScrollBars.

Now, #hideOrShowScrollBars is implemented by Scrollpane, but not
RFBScrollpane.

RFBScrollPane inherits from TwoWayScrollPane, not ScrollPane.
TwoWayScrollPane is marked as obsolete - ScrollPane should be used.

I then modified RFBScrollPane to inherit from ScrollPane.

Alas I still cannot get the scroll bar menu.

Any tips appreciated - I will promise to follow it thorugh with the
maintainer to a full new release.

Brent