Morphic Splitters Team progress report

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Mar 16 07:26:32 UTC 2005

[periodical team report to squeak-dev]

We've been splitting like madmen - at the moment using Monticello, which
works fine but is slowish (maybe better tooling/process will be the result
of discussion in some of the other teams). We have the three packages, and
it looks like FullMorphic and EToys actually unload without doing too much
damage to the image. However, the distribution of code is skewed:
CoreMorphic is still quite a bit larger than the other two combined. With
most of the 'easy' splitting being done (moving whole classes or even
whole class categories around), the coming time the team will have to
resort to hard work, hopefully with lots of support from the analysis
tools of Dan and Daniel.