ToolBuilder Team progress report

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Mar 16 16:32:01 UTC 2005

Hello all!

Things have been a bit quiet in the last week or so, but we do have
progress to report 8^)

Based on this excerpt from the team mailing list:

For example: In Squeak 3.8g
- 125 references to PopUpMenu
- 52 references to CustomMenu
- 218 references to FillInTheBlank
need to be fixed. And that's just the beginning. After this we need to
look at the tools and how they interact. And then, all of these fixes
need to get into the updates as far as the image is concerned.

We now have change sets that fix the PopUpMenu and FillInTheBlank
refrences to use ToolBuilder, and the CustomMenu references are about
half finished.  Check out http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5607 for
more info.

Once those are done, we'll look at what other specific
Morphic/MVC/Tweak/.... references are in the tools.

Check out the list archives
http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?4:iis:0:200503#b
to see specifics of the work that has been done, mostly by Andreas on
the ToolBuilder classes, and I'm mostly doing the grunt work of fixing