Squeak install on Solaris

MAMIDI KALYAN CHAKRAVORTY m_kalyanc at email.com
Wed Mar 16 22:27:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install Squeak( version 3.6.3) from the
http://www.squeak.org and got from this site. Now when i start squeak,
i get this message on the window saying iconv_open: invalid argument.
I just googled it  bit and it looks like a character conversion
problem, I unsetted the LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE entries but the error
still comes, although squeak still starts. Is it because the download
is from france
 http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak. and they have different
localte settings. But i tried the download of new Squeak from 3.7 from
the uiuc web site but it still fails. The messge still comes of
"iconv_open:invalid argument" . I am trying to install it on Solaris 9.

Thanks in advance.
Kalyan Chakravorty