[Q][RFI] Where ends a line of ASCII text ?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 17 09:06:16 UTC 2005

On [DATE], "[NAME]" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

> Yoshiki
I appreciate your opinion.
The answer it's for reading external files on different OS ,maybe the
SocketStream is a bad example , it's not my intention said this particular
have any wrong.
The question arise on try to parse a file what have OA and not OD as "end of
line" and when doing class what deal with this is necessary implement
#nextLineLf (or #nextLineCrLf for other cases),
Sure we could have three methods in PositionableStream , as I start found
many "undocumenmted" or "not in base" different methods for different people
what made richer the possibilities (and avoid the silly implementation on
user derivated classes)

Just a curiosity on enhancing Squeak

Edgqr