New Squeak Project

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Fri Mar 18 02:58:48 UTC 2005

I was visiting New Mexico Highlands University this week and last,
working with Dave West's Software Development Apprenticeship program
students. They are developing real software for customers, while
attending the U. One of the teams had been working in PHP, and has
decided (with some encouragement from Dave and me) to go with Squeak
/ Seaside.

They're pretty new to programming and Smalltalk / Squeak, but
they're trying hard to learn. I expect they'll be asking some
questions from time to time and I feel confident that the list will
help them, but I wanted to mention that they're coming, by way of
introduction.

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.  --Charles Darwin