Render TrueType (Re: [Q][RFI] Where ends a line of ASCII text ?)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 18 03:18:05 UTC 2005

> I'm wanting to render a specific TrueType font to GIF for my web
> site. Thought at first that Squeak would be just the thing, but it
> appears that there's nothing out there. If I'm wrong -- and there is
> something out there -- please let me know.

  First, grab Squeak 3.8 gamma image.

  I'm not sure how programatically you would like to do it, but an
exploratory way of doing it would be to grab a TextMorph from the
Supplies flap and make the text content and appearance as you like.
Then get the Inspector of the TextMorph via gray debug helo and type
something like in the bottom pane of inspector:

	GIFReadWriter putForm: (Display copy: self bounds) onFileNamed: 'foo.gif'.

and "do-it".

  Unless you want to generate thousands of different images
programatically, starting from this kind of simple thing wouldn't be
too bad.

-- Yoshiki