Need help on Network programming

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 18 08:00:35 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:04:14 +0100, <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:

> ...and that is really uncommon. :)

Probably for us who use the Latin charset, yes. I think you'll find large
parts of the world where all off communication takes place somewhere up
there in Unicode space, and this transfer encoding is just as good in that
case as anything else...

>> I tried to view the source directly of the classes like Socket. And
>> then I made a simple socket server, but when it's got connected, a
>> "primitive failed" error always comes up. I don't know why it happens.

If you have a recent Squeak, take a look at OldSocket, the class side has
example methods. They, for some reason, haven't been ported over to the
new Socket class, but they should still be relevant.