TrueType

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Fri Mar 18 14:06:34 UTC 2005

On Friday, March 18, 2005, at 1:06:47 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>> > Squeak can do this easily.
>>
>> Ned ... your example is very tantalizing, but I still can't figure
>> out how to get a Windows /TrueType/ font loaded into Squeak. Can you
>> point me to a way to do that, please?

>   If you're on Windows, drag a .ttf file onto the Squeak's window.

When I drag a TTF file onto Squeak's window, it opens a file
containing a lot of weird text, i.e. the contents of the font file.
If there's a way to install it, it's not obvious.

>   (Or, you can open FileList and install a .ttf file from there.)

OK, that offers a button Install TTF or something like that, and
seems to have done something ...

But now the text appears
  a) more bold than in actual TTF -- it's outlined in black?
     How can I make it not be outlined?
  b) all the tall ascenders and descenders are cropped off.
     How can I get the whole font in there?

I browsed around a bit but don't see what I should do about those
things.

Is there someplace I should be reading about all this, instead of
asking questions?

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
Agility might be said to be about encountering
all the problems so early and so often that the
effort to fix them is less than the pain of enduring them.