[ANN] v2 Package loading/unloading - fully functional

Michal michal-list at auf.net
Fri Mar 18 16:11:18 UTC 2005

>> Nasty.  We should definitely use Strings.  Michal, was there a
>> reason for the StringHolders?

> I suspect it was just thoughtless copying of code from ChangeSet.

Not entirely thoughtless (in fact strings were the first thing I
used), but taken from ChangeSet yes. Doing it this way allowed both a
cleaner interface with PackageInfo and a trivial editing method.

But sure, we can easily switch back, add a series of methods of the
#preambleString: type to PackageInfo (I think I deleted them from the
version I sent out - I don't have an image here to check), and build a
different editor for the preambles/postscripts.

(I'm leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks, so won't be able to do it myself)

Michal

ps. Avi, thanks for packaging this and integrating it with the
Monticello format.