TrueType

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 18 21:03:12 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 12:33 pm, Ron Jeffries wrote:
> It looks pretty good in a TextMorph, and at least at that moment
> isn't outlined. I suppose I can figure out how to make a TextMorph
> transparent background, and then export it somehow to a GIF or PNG
> file ... that could be the right path for where I'm going.
>
> Is there a writeup of how to use Morphs somewhere, maybe in the
> Squeak book or something ... hmm, yes, something to read ...
>
> I'll go down that path for a while, see if I can figure out how to
> export Morphs to GIF/PNG.

I don't mean to make it too simple, but:

t := TextMorph new
 backgroundColor: Color white;
 beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'BitstreamVeraSans') fontOfSize: 36);
 contentsAsIs: 'BitstreamVeraSans';
 yourself.
GIFReadWriter putForm: t imageForm onFileNamed: 'textGifTest.gif'.

gotta run...
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/