TrueType

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 02:24:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:06:29 -0500, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries at acm.org> wrote:

> Cool ... wish I could run my site on Seaside. In the fullness of
> time I'll see if I can get my ISP to make it available to me. Would
> have to know more about it to see where to fit it in. Most of the
> site is not very dynamic so Seaside wouldn't have much advantage.

Yeah, for a static site I wouldn't recommend it.  For one thing,
there's all the extra cruft it puts in the URLs.

> Is it solid? Does it ever crash and need attention from the ISP? And
> other questions like that?

It's solid.  I've never caught a deployed Seaside app crashing, but
even if it did, you just make sure the script you're using to start it
with will restart it automatically.

Your ISP will probably care more about the fact that it's
memory-hungry, which it is.

Avi