[MC][ENH] how do I remove a package from the list of required packages?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Mar 20 12:53:45 UTC 2005

Packages do not know about their version. Indeed, what is "the" version
of a package? There is often not only one version in your image. Like,
what if you modified it? What if you merged in someone else's version?
The closest you can get is looking at the ancestors of your working
copy:

	(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Bot-Pica')) ancestors
		collect: [:each | each name]

Granted, only looking at the first ancestor will give you the right
answer most of the time. But there is a conceptual problem assuming
"the" version. Which is why these convenience accessors do not exist, I
think.

- Bert -