reverting to previous look and feel

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 21 07:06:59 UTC 2005

Hi, Eilein,

There are a few more ways to tone things down.  I attach an example
theme that makes an attempt to do that.  It doesn't change any fonts,
but if you look in the code you'll see advice on how to change the
system fonts in a theme method.  By setting your own choices for
system's menu font, button font, window-title font, etc., you ought
to be able to get quite close to the look you're after.

Using this method as a point of departure, you can define your own
theme method, and by simply transporting that one method from one
image to another, you will be able to carry along your precise
look-and-feel preferences to any image you touch.

Also, note that a theme-defining method is just a regular Smalltalk
method, so it can have any code you want in it -- not just code to
set Preferences, but also code to set fonts, desktop pattern, author
initials, author name, really anything you to set.

Cheers,

  -- Scott