Kyoto movie (was: new squeak links page)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Mar 21 14:16:29 UTC 2005

Simon Michael wrote on Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:28:20 -0800
> The kyoto movie claims to be a valid quicktime file but it's only about
> 10K in length. I've sent a bug report to the webmaster.

I was able to watch it using Safari on a Mac on Friday. The small file
might just be a pointer to the streaming contents (like the tiny .rm
files you often download for Real streaming media) and yet itself be a
valid QuickTime formatted file.

The part where a guy was introducing Alan was badly damaged and I had to
skip to a little after the start of Alan's talk to be able to watch the
rest. I thought it might have been some network related dropout, but
afterwards I skipped back to other parts and then to this again and the
others worked while this had the same defect.

-- Jecel