Image stops responding for about 1 minute on copy or cut

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Wed Mar 23 15:22:37 UTC 2005

Jason Rogers wrote:

>I have an image with the following packages installed.  The problem is
>that every time I try to copy or cut (using the menu or using the
>keyboard) the UI hangs for about 1 minute.  It always comes back.  Does
>anyone know why this might be?  I am sure that I have installed a
>package that is causing this, but I don't know which one or how to track
>down the problem.  The image is Squeak3.8gamma, latest update: #6599.
>The VM is Squeak 3.7.1 from Sep. 23, 2004 running on Windows 2003
>Server.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Compiler (1->64)
>DynamicBindings (1.2)
>KomHttpServer (7.0.2)
>KomServices (1.1.1)
>MCInstaller (10)
>Monticello (231)
>PackageInfo (16->18)
>ParenBlinking (1.0)
>PreferenceBrowser (22)
>Refactoring Browser for 3.8 (3.8.38)
>Regular Expression Plugin ((3.3.1))
>SARInstaller for 3.6 (28)
>SUnit (3.1.6->3.1.22)
>Seaside (2.5b8)
>Shout (4)
>ShoutMonticello (2)
>ShoutWorkspace (2)
>ShrinkingSelection ((0.4-matured))
>SmaCC Smalltalk Compiler-Compiler-Runtime (2->4)
>SqueakMap2 base (1.01)
>SqueakMap2 loader (1.01)
>TestBrowser ((1.17))
>VersionNumber (1.0)
>alternative word jump ((17-nov-2003))
>eCompletion (2.0b2)

Correction: the hang happens upon pasting not upon cutting or copying.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20