Search and Replace

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Wed Mar 30 16:14:38 UTC 2005

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> At last one good example of using Method Finder,
> Have you more examples ?
> Here in Argentina we have a beginners group and we are collecting material
> for translate to Spanish.

Sorry, I don't have a collection of them. Try simple things like

	3. 4. 12

to see

	3 * 4 --> 12
	3 lcm: 4 --> 12

or

'text'. 'TEXT'

to see

	'text asUppercase --> 'TEXT'

Typing the arguments and the result doesn't always find what you are looking
for, because sometimes there is no one single methd that does what you want. I
can't think of a concrete example right now.

More frequently, I enter a method name fragment to find all method names that
match. For example, when I want to find methods that return information about
instance variables, I type

	instance

in the top pane. That returns a lot of methods.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm
"The theory of computation states that all automatons can be emulated by a