funny issue with #valueWithArguments:

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 31 11:31:40 UTC 2005

I have an event registration with three static arguments (nil, objectA,
objectB). This event is triggered with a collection as the argument,
making the call with arguments (collection,objectA,objectB).

The funny (well.... funny) thing is that if this just runs, it throws up.
Something is messed up in WeakMessageSend>>valueWithArguments: so that the
#perform:withArguments: in there is sent to the (dynamic) argument array,
with selector being the intended recipient and argArray is messed up, it
looks like there's even a methodContext in there (but with the wrong
number of actual temps w.r.t. the selector name so that the method context
won't print).

When single stepping, everything works like a charm. That makes it really
strange...

This happens on my machine, on a colleague's machine, and also when I
restart from my base image loading everything into it. I'm completely lost
here - does anyone have an idea what this could be?