Monticello dependencies

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 31 23:26:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:04:07 -0500, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>
wrote:

> If Chris or Cees can describe what they're encountering we can try to
> come up with a test case that reproduces it. I guess the tricky bit for
> them is that if it really is an issue in saving dependencies, they're
> not likely to notice the problem until days or weeks after it occurs.

I think one thing that doesn't work is when only versions change:

you load a new version of C (say it's an external package, maybe from
SqueakMap), and later on save A. B should be saved as well because its
prerequisites changed, and I don't think that happens at the moment.

The issue discussed here:

You modify X and save A. A...W should all be saved as well - should work
for any arbitrary number of intermediate packages. Because of the issues I
had when starting up the DGV project with this, I flattened the tree so I
cannot tell you whether this issue is still there.

(oh, and Copy should probably update the target repository for all
prerequisites, recursively, as well. I don't think it does that at the
moment)