Squeak Licence

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri May 6 14:41:21 UTC 2005

Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
>>The spirit always takes precedence in case there's a conflict. Some
>>people are just too fond of reading legal texts and toying with words,
>>and they start to miss that. Apparently, this conference's committee
>>is filled with such people.
>

> They are extremist...

No, Alex. I don't think so ... or i'm also an extremist ;-)
Most of others open-source conference are like that.
Maybe just idealists like most of the people of the open-source
movement. Right now, with his licence, Squeak is no usable in some
country like Cuba, so it could be an ethic problem for some of us.

>>Stef: why don't you twist it a bit and base everything on Croquet? The
>>only license I've seen on Croquet is open source even by the
>>definition of these people, and if you don't open the 3D stuff you
>>could almost think you're in Squeak...
>

> We can say that we use a light version of Croquet, without the 3d :-)

Yes, it can be a solution.

Can the croqueters tell us if the licence of Croquet is only for the
extension or cover also Squeak ? It's not clear in the licence page.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##