Squeak Licence

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Fri May 6 16:29:27 UTC 2005

Apple has revised license terms on *some* of their other open source
software in response to community concerns recently.

I will note that many companies have been new to open source, and as
their lawyers become educated, they often find that one of the widely
used licenses is sufficient rather than rolling their own.

Don't expect behavior that isn't in the business interest of a company
however; but as I don't see how Apple can benefit from the current
situation, it may be a more fertile time to ask than a few years ago.
				- Jim