Squeak 3.7 : Fails to load SqueakMap Package Loader

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sat May 7 16:16:14 UTC 2005

Am 07.05.2005 um 15:11 schrieb Damien Cassou:

> I'm afraid nobody seems to be interested in my problem. I do not think
> you will have any better popularity if you don't mind other
> problems. It
> works for you so why bothering ?

You might have to learn a thing or two about open software. In
particular, that most people are in for it because it helps *them*
getting something done *they* need.

I don't think insulting the people who might help you is the right
approach. (Btw, the right approach is outlined here http://
www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html)

> If I have a problem with Squeak, someone else may have the same
> problem.

Sure. And since Squeakers are usually a very kind bunch of people,
someone might have pointed you to this thread:

     http://discuss.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2:msn:47

Or someone would have mentioned that the final Linux VM (3.7-7)
includes those fixes. Of course, not without telling you to always
try the latest VM before complaining.

But alas, it seems nobody cares. Bad luck for you.

- Bert -