hosting (was Re: image stripping information - where?)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:26:57 UTC 2005

On 5/14/05, Brent Vukmer <brent.vukmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I've been looking into using TextDrive, and I get the impression
> that convincing them to provide Seaside hosting might be fairly
> easy...

FWIW, my personal experiences with TextDrive have been pretty bad.
Lots of outages and sluggish response for the simplest tasks, broken
admin tools, and spotty technical support.  My guess is that the
sudden popularity of Ruby on Rails led to a huge influx of users and
they're struggling to keep up.

Luckily a Squeak/Seaside hosting service wouldn't have that particular
problem... ;)

Avi