[Q] Is 3.8 really final ?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun May 15 09:48:29 UTC 2005

Squeakers around the world:

As tester of several things I noticed...

When you check uploads in recent 3.8 images, you find what could end in a
final status.

But recent changes to String. AbstractString, ByteString, WhatIsAString, etc
caused several troubles.

I prepare a final image for students in SqueakRos , loading what we are
using.

So I warn to quality control team what :

You could loss color of any text, (so Should could be useless).

Or missing AbstractString cause what you have walkback trying to load
RefactoryBrowser.

And If you forced reload AbstractString  from before changes, text is
coloring again and RefactoryBrowser do not complaints but you begins to have
the following error

 MultiByteFileStream: DNU #isSeparator.

I have two semi identical images 6662.
In one SVI from Steven Swerling is working smoothless and in the other not .
I can't find what is different in both.

Sure exist many more loading or executing oddities.

I felt this issues MUST be solved BEFORE 3.8 was labelled "final".

And I apologize one more time if I'm the only fool with this strange
troubles

Edgar "Advocatus Diaboli"

P.D. I only have 15 different images with different sets today.