Fwd: [Squeak-fr] Squeak dans le live freeduc-ecole

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Sun May 15 15:53:50 UTC 2005

Ok, may be I can translate a bit as the initial message was in French.

Freeduc-cd is a live cd-rom derivated from Knoppix, but dedicated to
primary school education. It is targeted to French language but it can
be booted to start in other language.
Squeak is included inside, it is shipped with the
3.8-still-to-be-release-one-day-or-later image translated in French. (it
is based on the Japanese image people point to me on this list -- thanks!).

I have also written a simple post-installation pack to install
Freeduc-cd on computer, so at some extent this mean that Squeak can get
it way on the French school which want to use Freeduc-cd for their
desktop computer. The post-installation pack also fetches the French
translation of the squeakland book, which is definitively a must-to-read
for teachers coming to squeak (thanks again to the people writting and
translating this book)

Bye,

Hilaire