Wonderland, Croquet, and the Queen of Hearts

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Mon May 16 13:26:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005 07:43:14 -0700 (PDT), David Faught
<dave_faught at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just trying to create content for Croquet is a challenge, and it is
> often necessary to resort to outside tools.  One (of several) of the
> coolest things about Wonderland is the Pooh drawing, which is a port of
> Takeo Igarashi's Teddy program.  If you have never tried this, you're
> missing out on some big fun!  It is simple to use and quite powerful.

Something the people on the Croquet side should check out is the content
creation tools in SecondLife (www.secondlife.,com)

The 3D world has a built-in, in-world 3D modeler, and it is extremely
functional and usable. It uses a limited form of constructive solid
geometry, but the general editing concepts are applicable to any type of
modeling.

The 3D editor I wrote for the game Descent back in the mid-90's (in
Smalltalk, of course -- http://www.huv.com/smalltalk/desedit.html) used the
same kind of 3D perspective view only editing, with a camera that could
freely move around while constraining movement of objects to 1 or 2 axes.

Being able to create dynamic content in-world is one of the coolest
features of SL...

Later,
Jon