Hosting [was: Re: image stripping information - where?]

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Mon May 16 16:17:23 UTC 2005

Jason Rogers wrote:
> I "ditto" this.  I think $12/month is pretty reasonable.  For this price I
> wouldn't expect a hefty environment.  However, I would like to tweak what we
> would get for this price.  Eg. 500 - 800 MB disk space, 1 MySQL DB, 1 website
> with email.  With Seaside the greatest need besides memory is disk space,
> since images tend to grow quite a bit.  They do shrink after a while, but I
> wouldn't want my app to start crashing/failing because I ran out of disk
> space that I need only for a matter of hours.

Do you mean that you actually save your Seaside application image?
I would think that the "production" image is frozen, and all data
is saved in the associated DB. If you're trying to capture session
state by doing an image save, then I find it hard to imagine that
an image saved at a random moment in time could be restarted with
any certainty as to it's correspondence with a user's web client.
So I don't see the point in doing it.