[Q] Is 3.8 really final ?

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 17 08:43:20 UTC 2005

Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at squeakland.org> wrote:

> Edgar,
>
>> And If you forced reload AbstractString  from before changes, text is
>> coloring again and RefactoryBrowser do not complaints but you begins to have
>> the following error
>>
>>  MultiByteFileStream: DNU #isSeparator.
>
>   What do you mean by "forced reload AbstractString"?
>
>   The error suggests that some method that is supposed to return some
> (other) value wrongly returns the receiver itself.  Can you send us
> the call stack?
>
>   Other than that the Refactoring Browser should adapt the new String
> hierachy.  It is nice if it is done "before" the final annouce of 3.8,
> but it is not really mandatory IMHO.
>
> -- Yoshiki

Yoshiki:

>   What do you mean by "forced reload AbstractString"?
FileOut from previous, fileIn in new (horrible solution)

I could solve loading problems by simple doing AbstractString := String, so
this issue is solved. (Could be a simpler one , easy to add to image).

I send mail about this.

But remains problems with SVI what I can't solve.
>From documentation , could be a Mac specific problem.
And what about 500 + packages what exist today ?
All works ?

I think what all agree what Squeak is a moving target , but I wish move to
slow speed...

Cheers

Edgar