How to change the squeak licence ?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu May 19 16:42:49 UTC 2005

This issue is discussed periodically, so a little searching through the
archives would avoid endless rehashes of the same arguments (this
comment is about this thread, not the message I am replying to).

"Intent of the Squeak License" by Alan Kay
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-January/0723
37.html

"ask for APSL? for real this time?" by Cees de Groot
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-January/0720
22.html

And many, many more. There are also several swiki pages.

About the "I am not a lawyer" bit, I would just like to mention that in
practice I can never find a lawyer who is familiar with the kind of
issues I have to deal with. So in practice I always have to figure
everything out myself and then just pay a real lawyer or accountant to
sign whatever papers I can't legally do so myself.

-- Jecel