Active FTP connection with Squeak?

Florian Minjat flo.minjat at free.fr
Mon May 23 14:21:10 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I am using Squeak (3.7-5989) with Monticello (231).
   I tried to use Monticello with a MCFtpRepository, using my web
server. I am behind a firewall (not mine, the school's firewall), so I
need to use an active connection through a proxy to use ftp connection
on internet.
   I managed to read without any problem on this repository, but I
couldn't write on it. After looking through the errors, I understood
that Monticello is using the FTPClient class to create the ftp
connection. And FTPClient seems to use only passive ftp connection.
   So here is my question : is there a support for active ftp
connection in Squeak?

Florian Minjat