[ANN] wxSqueak 0.4

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu May 26 01:36:23 UTC 2005

Rob Gayvert <rtg at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> An update of my interface to wxWidgets is available at
>
>            http://homepage.mac.com/rgayvert/wxsqueak.html
>
> Below are some notes on what has changed in this version.
>
> Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Wow!  You know, if it were to have more problems, it would give us more
to talk about....  Really, this is fine work.  It provides a great way
to deploy Squeak-based programs that integrate nicely onto existing
desktop OS's.

Okay, one random question.  Do you have any idea if the tinyBenchmarks
result you reported matters for larger chunks of code?  Any idea what is
going on there?  I don't see why your extensions would affect
tinyBenchmark -- maybe you are using different compilation settings than
Andreas?

Lex