[ANN] wxSqueak 0.4

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu May 26 07:08:16 UTC 2005

Hi!

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Rob Gayvert <rtg at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > An update of my interface to wxWidgets is available at
> >
> >            http://homepage.mac.com/rgayvert/wxsqueak.html
> >
> > Below are some notes on what has changed in this version.
> >
> > Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Wow!  You know, if it were to have more problems, it would give us more
> to talk about....  Really, this is fine work.  It provides a great way
> to deploy Squeak-based programs that integrate nicely onto existing
> desktop OS's.

In fact, I think wxSqueak is one of the coolest things going right now,
next to Exupery and Seaside. :) Finally we can build nice looking
"native" apps using Squeak and, hey, that is what a lot of people want
to be able to do. Dolphin just got some serious competition IMHO.

> Okay, one random question.  Do you have any idea if the tinyBenchmarks
> result you reported matters for larger chunks of code?  Any idea what is
> going on there?  I don't see why your extensions would affect

I am just guessing - but didn't Rob write he used Visual C++ to build
the VM? Then I guess the gnuification isn't used. Or my memory may be
off.

regards, Göran