SqueakMap Release repository

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu May 26 16:53:02 UTC 2005

Hi Lex, I just now noticed your reply, thanks.

> Just by the way, did you remember to put in your repository password
> before trying to save?
>
> If so, this still sounds like an HTTP problem, because of what shows up
> at the top of the stack:

Well, does the function work for you?  Just to clarify, I'm speaking about
adding a "SqueakMap Release" repository through Monticello's gui and
specifying:

MCSMReleaseRepository
	package: 'Tracing Messages Browser'
	user: 'cmm'
	password: 'my-Correct-Squeakmap-Password'

However this gives me the stack-trace I pasted into my initial e-mail.  After
digging further, I noticed it was using the following method even after
installing Monticello-231 in a stock 3.8-final-basic image.

  MCSMReleaseRepository>>squeakMapUrl
	^ 'http://localhost:9070/sm'

I do not have any localhost running on 9070 so this obviously isn't going to
work.  So I tried changing it to 'http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm' and then
'http://map1.squeakfoundation.org'.  Both reported an error message but then,
after looking on SqueakMap, it appears it did post something, albeit under just
a partial name.  i.e., the package I was trying to post was "Tracing Messages
Browser" but it put it up there under "Tracing".

 - Chris