[ANN] wxSqueak 0.4

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:28:18 UTC 2005

On 5/23/05, Rob Gayvert <rtg at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> An update of my interface to wxWidgets is available at
>
>            http://homepage.mac.com/rgayvert/wxsqueak.html
>
> Below are some notes on what has changed in this version.
>
> Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Rob,

Really, really great work.  A couple of minor notes after trying it out on OS X:
- if you try to run it directly off the disk image, it hangs at
startup.  Presumably it needs to have write access to the file system;
this might be something to mention in the readme.  Also, unless I'm
missing some Finder trick, it would be convenient if the .dmg had all
of the files within a wxSqueak folder rather than at the disk root.
- the "Squeak Tools" demo would work a lot better if UseWxTools was
set to true by default
- did I mention this was great work?

Cheers,
Avi