New team leader for website Team? ASAP

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri May 27 07:05:31 UTC 2005

On 27 mai 05, at 3:35, Jason Rogers wrote:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> Basically a lot have been done.
>> So improving the web site
>>     - adding screenshots (as I did in the gallery of
>> smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc/)
>>

> Can do...  Do they need to be on all the major platforms?  If so, I
> will need help compiling them.  Also, are there particular areas of
> Squeak that should be emphasized?  Should we set up categories
> (Squeak & Multimedia, Squeak & the Web, Squeak & <name your
> favorite category>)

No I think screenshots can be done on any platform.

>>     - may be having a kind of new feed
>>

> I am not sure what you mean by this.  An RSS feed of latest
> developments, of milestones and releases, of enhancements?

Yes for example. SmallWiki offer rss feed for pages.

>>     - may be translating a bit the site
>>

> Since it's running in Smallwiki2

no SW1

> is there a way to hook into String>#translated such that the user
> could click a button (country's flag) and cause the session to
> change its notion of Locale?

I do not know

>> but besides that there is not too much.
>>     - the key point would be to get all the passwords for the
>> accounts
>>     created on smallwiki and the machine. :)
>>

> Again, I am not sure what you mean here.  Do you mean the team
> needs to implement the ability to add users to Smallwiki2?  (I
> guess I am displaying my lack of Smallwiki knowledge here...)

No I mean that the team leader should ask goran, alexander and other
all the information to log
on SW and on the machine.

> One more question (not that it matters much) -- who else is on the
> team?

You mean people listening on the list?

Bruce pays attention to server
Alexander did the original set up and contents
Me I payed attention and added contents
Pavel did the banner.

stef