OmniBase: maximum number of clients reached

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 22:08:22 UTC 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Or we could merge it into the OmniBase on squeaksource.... we
> should definitely put it up somewhere (I sort of thought we already
> had) as I wouldn't want to use omnibase without it.

Yeah, there have been some other OmniBase patches that would be good
to merge in as well.  What I'm concerned about is licensing -
OmniBase is "free beer" now but not "free speech", and I don't see
that we have any particular rights of modification and
redistribution.  I emailed David Gorisek about this but haven't heard
back.

What might work better is to maintain a separate package on
SqueakSource that provides extensions and overrides for OmniBase,
without touching David's original distribution.

Avi