OmniBase questions

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Nov 3 08:48:34 UTC 2005

Hi, I’ve got several questions related to OmniBase usage:

1) File locking on Windows

When I open a database session and process a transaction and then I try
to connect new user, OODBStreamLockedNotification is raised. OmniBase
then wants a confirmation of "File can not be read because it is locked.
Do you want to try again ?". What is the best default answer? True
causes long delay before the connection of new user. If false is chosen,
fileIOError should be raised but nothing happens and new connection
works well.

2) Object sharing between transactions

If I’m not wrong, in case I want to modify a database object, I have to
use transaction with explicit access to database object from the root.
So If I want use the same object in two or more independent
transactions, I cannot identify the object by its direct reference but I
have to use something like primary key or oid, right? How to make it
more comfortable? Is a way how to identify and use database object
without access from root and searching in collections?

3) Index updating

For example I have a collection of events an index by date of event.
Then I modify an event that was not found by this index (I have no
direct iterator). Do I have to find this event in date index manually,
remove it and then add it again? Is there another way how access to
index record directly?

Thank you

-- Pavel