Team Report: Morphic

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Thu Nov 3 12:20:07 UTC 2005

Hi All,

The Morphic Team are the same people that were in the MorphicSplitters group.
This is Cees De Groot, Edgar De Cleene and me. The news is that I am now the team leader.

The Morphic Team stewards the following packages:
   Morphic
   MorphicExtras
   Etoys
   FlexibleVocabularies
   Nebraska
   StarSqueak

Our objectives are:
- Split Morphic into several packages. Morphic, MorphicExtras, Etoys and some others.
- Maintenance, bug fixing, reviewing other collaborations, etc.
- Help with Morphic support for ToolBuilder.
- Clean Morphic. Remove stuff from basic classes (especially Morph).
- Make packages unloadables without breaking the image.
- Handle Etoys and other packages to people with specific interest in them.

What we have achieved so far is to break the old big Morphic package into the packages listed before, and BalloonMMFlash, Movies and Speech. This was done by the MorphicSplitters group before the Teams model.

Our plans for the short term (i.e. this month) are:
- bugFixing
- Integrate the PluggableListMorph refactoring by Masashi Umezawa
- Look at several recent suggestions and code contributions regarding Morphic
- Enhance support for ToolBuilder

Many of these were suggested by Stef. Thanks!

We are open to suggestions and code colaborations. We are specially interested in code that:
- fixes bugs
- simplifies the framework
- adds new, needed functionality, without adding too much complexity

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich