Webteam Report

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:58:03 UTC 2005

The web team has been really active this last month, mostly behind the scenes.

We have set up a staging area at wwwtest.squeak.org for testing out
new ideas.  New content, new style sheets, etc.

Currently the big thrust is the main page.  We hope to have a new
version of that out really soon.

Brad Fuller and Damien Cassou (I hope I am not forgetting anyone) have
joined our team since last month's report.

The FileAreaTeam is shortly to be merged into the Webteam so that
management of the FTP site will belong with the WebTeam, although
Marcus and Bruce will continue to help as they have until now.
Hopefully this will allow for the website to stay current with the
various releases of Squeak.  It will also allow for the burden of
updating the files area to be spread between more folks.

Due to some heavy spam activity, we have set up a new mailing list for
the web team.  The new list will be reflected in the Site Feedback
page of the website.

Pavel Krivanek was kind enough to help us spice up the style sheets
some more.  His new efforts are apparent on the test site, but there
is a little more work to be done before we can push those changes to
the main site.  Hopefully that will be done soon.

Thanks again to all the members of the team for their efforts in
creating and maintaining such an important web presence!

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20