Compiler related PlusTools and ToolBuilder Questions

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Nov 5 15:49:18 UTC 2005

Hi

I could not load from MC with 6702 so I checked and I saw that (may
be some conflicts were
not resolved or cees loaded and not merged the files). Anyway here
are a bunch of fixes that revert
back some compiler changes.

I would like to know why they were changed and if I should apply my
changes or redraw PlusTools and basically
ask the team to produce fixes that do not destroy the possibility to
load code.

parse: sourceStream class: class category: aCategory noPattern:
noPattern context: ctxt notifying: req ifFail: aBlock
is trivial and I simplified it (no duplicated code anymore) just a
call to parse: sourceStream class: class noPattern: noPattern
context: ctxt notifying: req ifFail: aBlock

I restored parse: sourceStream class: class noPattern: noPattern
context: ctxt notifying: req ifFail: aBlock
as the code seems to have been cleaned by marcus.

I put back

Parser>>interactive

     ^ (requestor == nil or: [requestor isKindOf: SyntaxError]) not

Compiler>>interactive

     ^ (requestor == nil or: [requestor isKindOf: SyntaxError]) not

since without them I could not load code because MC was in
interactive mode and I got the error I mentioned in the other thread.

basicCompile: text asString notifying: requestor trailer: self
defaultMethodTrailer ifFail: [^nil] disappeared from the image?
Was it on purpose?